Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mark the Date: Oct 4th, 2008

Yes, this is my cousins' 27th birthday, but this is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the open scrimmage that will happen between the blue team and the white team -- live at the Delta Center Energy Solutions Arena. Doors open at 2:30 pm (mountain time) . . . aaaaannnnnnd . . . It's FREE!

I like how the Jazz franchise do this, I don't know if every other team has this for free or not, but compared to the spectacle that goes on for other teams, the Jazz have some room for improvement. Apparently there's a Q and A session where all the players are sitting in a row facing one direction . . . and then there's a scrimmage. (and the team that usually has the starting point guard usually wins, even back to the Stockton days) Other teams have the players dancing with the fans, rookie hazing (like they have the sing in front of everyone in the stadium, etc), and the fans get to enjoy themselves. I guess if you like watching Jason Hart drive into the heart of the defense then you pretty much leave happy. I can't say the same for everyone else . . .

Actually, this looks like Ronnie Price . . . sorry Jason!

0 comments: